Friday, August 8, 2014

Horny Monk

I was finally able to get the trailer unhooked in its broken condition. That made life easier because I could drive places again - sans trailer. I called the hitch manufacturer and they sent out a replacement for the broken part. It arrived two days later via FedEx. In the meantime, I lined up someone to do the repair properly, but when I went to pickup the part at the dealer (2 1/2 hours away), he showed me that there was a more specific part available that didn't require hours of labor to install. Then the only problem was that I had to go back to the trailer and get three measurements in order to get the proper part for my setup. So five hours round trip on Wednesday, then another five hours round trip on Thursday after getting the measurements. The good news is that it worked out and I was able to fix it myself.

On our way back from the dealer yesterday, we stopped in at a family resort that we had gone to with the kids several years in a row when they were young. They later told me that those were the best vacations they had ever had. It was nice to see that the place was still going strong some twenty or so years later. These pics won't mean much to anyone else, but I think the kids will remember the place fondly.





So today, we left Petosega and moved to a "camping resort" in Indian River. Apparently a "camping resort" is a campground with a pool. We went out to dinner in a funky little restaurant in Alanson, Michigan that was originally the train depot some hundred or so years ago. I had a local draft beer tonight that was called a Horny Monk. I mean, doesn't that go without saying?

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing you have plenty of free time to fix your new home! As for White Birch Lodge, we did have a lot of fun there. When we were cleaning out the house, I found a book I made for Thanksgiving - I'm guessing I was in 2nd grade or thereabouts. I made a page for everyone, saying what I was thankful for. On Mom's page it said something like: "I'm thankful for my Mom when she watches me waterski" with a poorly drawn picture of me waterskiing at White Birch Lodge. I also remember ringing their bigass dinner bell with the other kids, and riding on those tandem bicycles. Didn't Marty and Gary go with us one year? Or was it just Katie that came with Cari?

    ReplyDelete